Large-scale Live deployments takes into consideration the results of a Pilot deployment which is used to determine the required number of sensors and gateways to effectively cover the entire deployment location. Treenails are used to permanently attach the sensors to trees. The scale and scope of the deployment form the parameters for planning device location and targeted detection time.
The scale and scope of the deployment determine the planning parameters such as device location and targeted detection time:
- How many hectares will be protected with the Silvanet System?
- Does the area have a high density of human activity or is it a mixture of high and low density human activity?
- How many sensors are required to cover the Site area and how many Mesh Gateways and Border Gateways would be needed?
- Does the Border Gateway have Ethernet connectivity or only LTE-M mobile connectivity?
Once these parameters have been determined, the Site Management app is used to plan the deployment and assign Packets for users to deploy the devices in the target area of a forest.
Number of devices
When planning Live deployments, follow the Component ratios guidelines:
- 100:1 (Sensors : Mesh Gateways)
- 20:1 (Mesh Gateways : Border Gateways)
Following the guidelines for sensor deployment density:
- Areas of high human activity, distance between sensors can be 100m or more
- Areas of low human activity, distance between sensors can be from 400m to 500m
Additionally, planning for large-scale deployments requires taking into account the location guidelines for Mesh Gateways and the deployment setup of Border Gateways.